Debiopharm Group™ is a Swiss-headquartered global biopharmaceutical group including five companies active in the life science areas of drug development, GMP manufacturing of proprietary drugs, diagnostic tools and investment management. Debiopharm International SA is focused on the development of prescription drugs that target unmet medical needs. The company in-licenses and develops promising drug candidates. The products are commercialized by pharmaceutical out-licensing partners to give access to the largest number of patients worldwide.
For our IP & Legal Affairs Department based in Lausanne, we are looking for a
(100% - permanent contract)
Reporting to the General Counsel, Director IP & Legal Affairs, you will join a team of 2 Patent Counsels and 3 Legal Counsels.
Your main responsibilities
- Manage existing patent portfolio, draft, file and prosecute patent applications worldwide in line with Debiopharm's strategy, including coordinating and overseeing external patent attorney work.
- Identify patentable subject-matter and advise as to filing strategy.
- Assess and monitor freedom-to-operate aspects along the course of a research and/or development project, including conducting third-party patent searches.
- Conduct patentability analyses including prior art searches.
- Assist with litigation-related matters and challenge/defend patents in opposition or invalidation proceedings.
- Conduct IP due diligences in support of licensing or investment activities.
- Provide strategic advice to scientific and business teams and to the Management.
- Collaborate with Legal Counsels and participate in drafting IP-related clauses.
- Ensure IP awareness within Debiopharm.
- Qualified or partially qualified European Patent Attorney.
- Master’s degree in organic chemistry, ideally followed by a PhD or 3-4 years of research/industry practice.
- At least 5 years of experience in practicing EP, US and other foreign intellectual property law relating to medicinal chemistry in a patent firm or in pharmaceutical/biotechnology/chemical industry.
- Excellent analytic legal drafting, oral and written communication skills in English and French.
- Excellent organization skills, rigor, attention to detail while being able to see the big picture.
- Ability to innovate, analyse and solve critical problems.
- Initiative, anticipation and time management skills to handle multiple ongoing projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams within a matrix organization.
- High communicative, persuasive and social skills.
Debiopharm can offer you
- An opportunity to tackle a diversity of projects at various stages (from discovery to commercial products), of subject matters and of IP challenges.
- A diverse and dynamic environment where innovation, trust in people, and entrepreneurship are valued.
If you fit this profile please send your application using this form.
For more information : www.debiopharm.com