Debiopharm Group™ is a Swiss-headquartered global biopharmaceutical group including five companies active in the life science areas of drug development, GMP manufacturing of proprietary drugs, diagnostic tools and investment management. Debiopharm International SA is focused on the development of prescription drugs that target unmet medical needs. The company in-licenses and develops promising drug candidates. The products are commercialized by pharmaceutical out-licensing partners to give access to the largest number of patients worldwide.
For our Communication team based in Lausanne we are looking for a
Scientific Communication Manager
The Scientific Communication Manager will work cross-functionally with Marketing, Clinical Development, Translational Medicine and all key internal stakeholders to generate and execute a strategic communication plan consistent with the overall Company strategy and business needs. He/she will manage the flow of scientific/medical information related to Debiopharm pipeline of commercial and investigational products and will translate medical and scientific information into communication tactics and materials that resonate with key audiences including patients, physicians and business partners. He/she will proactively identify relevant communication opportunities within the group and use the right channels to support the development of the Debiopharm brand. He/she will provide input on field-based promotional materials and will provide support for the organization of key scientific congresses and internal educational conferences.
- Drives the communication projects and strategies by collaborating with internal stakeholders, and makes sure that correct and appropriate contents is delivered timely to meet department and company objectives.
- Ensures consistency and accuracy of scientific and medical messaging across communication materials.
- Assesses and uses relevant scientific and clinical data including competitors and identifies appropriate communication channels and formats.
- Investigates, creates and shares convincing materials supporting scientific evidence related to Debiopharm products.
- Ensures that scientific material meet established internal and external (e.g. regulatory, best practice) scientific standards.
- Provides input on the development of slide decks and other marketing tools utilized by externally facing functions.
- Creates and maintains a cycle of internal educational conferences.
- Develops and maintains expert knowledge - medical, scientific and technical – on the product portfolio.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of electronic platforms to facilitate broad access to Scientific Communications documents by internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintains resources on platforms for the dissemination and sharing of all relevant Scientific Communications documentation to support internal teams and stakeholders.
- Life Science or Pharmacy degree or equivalent.
- 8 years' experience with at least 5 years' experience in pharmaceutical industry or other relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately and effectively exploit medical/scientific literature.
- Experience in Scientific Communications operational management.
- In-depth understanding of legal requirements, regulatory issues, and guidelines in the provision of Scientific Communication services.
- Understanding and experience in searching specialized databases for the scientific community.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, fluent in English and French
- Customer oriented with a pro-active and can-do attitude.
- Computer literacy.
- Strong time management skills, ability to be self-sufficient and resourceful.
- Excellent analytical problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ideally with in-depth understanding and up-to-date knowledge of developments and issues currently affecting global Scientific Communications role.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present information to senior management, employees at all levels of the organization and to external audiences.
Debiopharm International can offer you
- An international and highly dynamic environment, with a long term vision.
- The opportunity to join a successful company, at the forefront of the most advanced scientific developments in the industry.
- The possibility to be in a company in which innovation, people and entrepreneurship are the fundamentals of its success.
If you fit this profile and you are ready to take on a new challenge, please go to this page to send your application.
For more information : www.debiopharm.com